Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moving Day

Moving Day

Wow. We had so much help it was like a large human vacuum cleaner sucking the stuff out of the house. We hired two professional movers to direct the packing of the 26’ U-Haul truck, and then Nick (Indiana UM camps’ director) & his sons and friend showed up at 8 a.m., and Dave, Don, Joe, Ron, & Marge came from church, and family Ryan & Jeremie came to help move. They were all absolutely awesome. The two professional movers were so impressed by the help; they said they’d never in their years of moving seen so much and such good help. By noon the house was empty and a 26’ truck and a 12’ trailer were all packed and ready to go. We were loaded and heavy. And I was a nervous wreck. My exhausting weeks caught up with me on those last days and I went a couple nights with no sleep. Fatigue is not my friend. I was almost overwhelmed by what we were doing and what was ahead of us; fatigue also makes me become more emotional and the stress causes diarrhea. So my last day at home left me a bit of a basket case! I was not in good shape for our last day at church and our farewell to family and friends.

No comments: